This is one of the easiest recipes EVER but also a favourite! If you are a salmon lover you have to give this a try. Super simple, and supppeeeeer delicious. The garlic butter makes the salmon extremely tender, and then contrasted by the tart lemon and flavourful thyme and sage.
- Fresh Salmon fillets (can also use frozen)
- Fresh Sage (1 sprig)
- Fresh Thyme (2 sprigs)
- 1/4 to 1/2 a lemon, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons salted butter (room temp)
- baking sheet
- aluminum foil
- Preheat the oven to 400°F
- Wrap the salmon in aluminum foil (best to make a “boat” with the foil to catch the sauce as the butter melts
- Mince garlic and slice lemon into thin slices
- Place salmon in the foil
- With a basting brush (or fork if you don’t have one), add the butter on top and on the sides of the salmon so that it is coated
- Add minced garlic all over salmon, add lemon slices on top, as well as thyme and small bits of sage
- Season with salt & pepper and wrap to cover top of salmon
- Place on a baking tray/ sheet (this will save your oven from mess if the butter/ sauce spills out)
- Bake 8-10 minutes at 400°F (can broil for 1-2 mins on high after if you like the top crispy- careful not to forget about it and burn it!)
- Unwrap (carefully- it’s hot!) and ta-da! serve with sides of your choice… easy right?!
Pro tip: Keep the sauce in your foil boat to pour over your veggies/ potatoes/ other yummy sides!